The Seattle Times. Winner of Eight Pulitzer Prizes.


Fri, Aug 29, 2014

WEATHER | TRAFFIC

VIEW SECTIONS

Home


Updated Monday, February 25, 2013 at 06:03 AM

NATO: No evidence for Afghan claim of misconduct

The Associated Press

A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan says NATO has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province.

German Gen. Gunter Katz said on Monday that the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans.

Katz's comments come a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all U.S. special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks because of allegations that Afghans working with them are torturing and abusing other Afghans.

Katz says that ISAF cannot comment until NATO meets to discuss the issue with the Afghan government.

Sunday's order seems to have surprised both NATO and U.S. Forces Afghanistan, a separate command.


SECTIONS

Top News arrow

Latest News arrow

Local arrow

Nation & World arrow

Business & Technology arrow

Editorial & Opinion arrow

Sports arrow

Entertainment arrow

Living arrow

Travel & Outdoors arrow

Obituaries arrow


CLASSIFIEDS

Jobs arrow

Autos arrow

Homes & Rentals arrow

More Classifieds arrow