Updated Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Bartender? Make that a Daly double.
Golfer John Daly says he's coming out with his own line of malt beverages, available in three flavors but, for now, only in California and Arizona.
Rejected marketing slogan: It's in the bag.
• At SportsPickle.com: "Gary Bettman fires NHL Network president over drop in TV ratings."
• At TheOnion.com: "Pekingese really letting self go since winning Westminster."
Flip a coin
Holiday reminder for football fans: 'Tis better to give than to receive — unless, of course, you have the option of deferring until the second half.
Portland was the scene of the worst three-point shooting night in NBA history twice in the span of 11 days — 0 for 20 by the Trail Blazers, then 0 for 22 by the Nuggets.
Rose Garden? Maybe they should just rename it the Off-Target Center.
They're in the pink
An Iowa couple who won a $202 million Powerball jackpot is donating $3 million to their son's high school for a new football stadium — with the stipulation that the visitors' locker room must be painted pink.
Not to fast there, said Bondurant-Farrar School Board members ... You want that in fuchsia, magenta or hot pink?
Stat of the day
Jets backup QB Tim Tebow threw an incomplete pass with his only attempt in last Monday's loss to the Titans — and still finished with a higher passer rating (39.6) than starter Mark Sanchez's 32.6.
Locked-out Evander Kane of the Winnipeg Jets caused quite a stir when he tweeted a photo of himself in Las Vegas holding bundles of cash, but that wasn't the worst part.
Noted blogger TC Chong: "Both the NHL and the NHLPA immediately demanded 57 percent of it."
• Greg Cote of the Miami Herald, on reports that tennis star Novak Djokovic plans to open a restaurant specializing in cheese made from donkey milk: "The only thing I'd like less than to try that cheese is to milk that donkey."
• Reader Ron Goydic, to the New York Post, after the Lakers lost 11 of their first 12 games when Kobe Bryant scored 30 points or more: "Why then don't they take him out when he reaches 29?"
• TNT's Chris Webber, on the two constants at Timberwolves games: "The fans are loud, and it's cold here in Minnesota."
• Texans D-lineman J.J. Watt, to the Houston Chronicle, on his 20 ½-sack season: "I've said all along that if you're not trying to be the greatest, you're wasting your time."
David Knevel, a 6-foot-9, 305-pound Canadian tackle, is Nebraska's latest football recruit.
He would've picked Arkansas, but they wouldn't let him bring his motorcycle.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ATHIT PERAWONGMETHA / GETTY IMAGES
For some reason, Daly hasn't come out with a line of pants yet.